Thread: What to expect post surgery endoscopic

Default What to expect post surgery endoscopic

Hello!

I've been reading everyone's posts on CK (so incredibly helpful!) but this is my first post. My son was diagnosed with sagittal cranio two weeks ago and will be undergoing endoscopic surgery (with helmet therapy afterwards) this coming Thursday at Children's National in DC.

Apologies is this has already been covered in another thread but I was wondering what to expect after the surgery, both immediately and weeks out. I'm assuming that he'll be uncomfortable and fussy...how long does that typically last? Is sleep as disrupted with endo as it is with CVR? What about eating....will his appetite go down? What sort of help did everyone get (or wish for) after endo surgery? We have some family coming up for support and some friends who have offered support but I don't even know what to ask. How do you keep their head safe in the week between the surgery and when the helmet is made? And finally, when did parents go back to work?

I would love to hear other people's experiences to these and any other questions you can think of.

Thanks!

Hello!

I am wondering the same thing! My 3 Month old has surgery tomm, any tips on how it went for you??? So nervous!