Thread: 19 year old with untreated brachycephaly (I know there's a specific forum for adults)

Default 19 year old with untreated brachycephaly (I know there's a specific forum for adults)

I'm 19 and have only just been diagnosed with brachycephaly. I first noticed it about a year ago and it's been worrying me constantly since then. Suddenly the problems I had at school and my lack of good friends made sense to me (unfortunately people judge you on looks first). I twice went to my GP at university to address my concerns, but because the size of my head was causing me to be depressed, he prescribed me a course of anti-depressants without doing anything else.

A few months later I went to my parents' local doctor and he diagnosed me with Body Dysmorphic Disorder. He referred me to a psychiatrist. I went to the psychiatrist and he prescribed me another course of anti-depressants. I told him that I thought I had brachycephaly but he did not indicate that anything could be done about it.

Do you know any doctor in the UK who would be willing to operate on me? Is that even possible at my age? What would be the process in getting officially diagnosed with this? Are there serious risks involved with surgery? How would I convince my parents that this procedure is my key for a happier life?

Thanks for replying

Default Ncr treatment

Quote Originally Posted by tar707 View Post
    I'm 19 and have only just been diagnosed with brachycephaly. I first noticed it about a year ago and it's been worrying me constantly since then. Suddenly the problems I had at
    school and my lack of good friends made sense to me
    (unfortunately people judge you on looks first). I twice went to my GP at university to address my concerns, but because the size of my head was causing me to be depressed, he prescribed me a course of anti-depressants without doing anything else.

A few months later I went to my parents' local doctor and he diagnosed me with Body Dysmorphic Disorder. He referred me to a psychiatrist. I went to the psychiatrist and he prescribed me another course of anti-depressants. I told him that I thought I had brachycephaly but he did not indicate that anything could be done about it.

Do you know any doctor in the UK who would be willing to operate on me? Is that even possible at my age? What would be the process in getting officially diagnosed with this? Are there serious risks involved with surgery? How would I convince my parents that this procedure is my key for a happier life?

Thanks for replying

Hi, there. There is hope for you. Only problem is, i believe the treatment for your miss fortune resides in the USA. Its called NCR. www.ncrdoctors.com/. Its a non invasive procedure that is able to shift the bones of your skull to the original blue print you were supposed to have. Hopefully this helps you .