Thread: Super Tough Choice

Default Super Tough Choice

Hello All. I hope everything is going great with each and every one of you and your loved ones.

When my wife and I first found out that our son has metopic synostosis, we were shocked like every single one of you.

We are lucky that we live almost halfway between Yale and Boston Children's hospitals. So we arranged to meet with Dr. Persing at Yale and Dr. Proctor at Boston Children's Hospital.

Both agreed that our son needed surgery. But they disagree about whether he should have CVR or Endoscopy. One strongly believes that we should have CVR and the other strongly believes that we should have Endoscopy.

So we decided to see who is the better surgeon. Unfortunately they are both super stars!!!!

So what would everyone recommend? Our son is 2.5 months old.

Thank you so much for your time.

Hello. My son was recently diagnosed with metipic crabiisynostosis. We are going to Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. I think the way their website describes treatment options, the endoscopy is usually a 'first' surgery. Our plastic surgeon said our son's condition was severe so endoscopy was not an option.